The purpose of this document is to guide you to send email from the command line on Ubuntu 12.04
You need to install the mailutils and postfix packages with the following commands.
$apt-get install mailutils
The postfix will be installed with mailutils too.
After configuring Postfix, test out the new configuration with the following command.
$echo "test" | mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- [ January 30, 2018 ] How to install and config Termux on Android 5.x or later
- [ January 30, 2018 ] Automatically enable HTTPS on your website with EFF's Certbot
- [ January 29, 2018 ] Wireless network management in Raspberry Pi
- [ January 28, 2018 ] Install pycharm by Ubuntu make
- [ December 22, 2016 ] Deploying Django Apps with mod_wsgi on Ubuntu 16.04
- [ December 19, 2016 ] Top Things to do after Ubuntu 16.04 Installation
- [ December 19, 2016 ] Setting up Vim for Python
- [ December 19, 2016 ] PHP5.2 Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION
- [ December 19, 2016 ] Automatically enable HTTPS on your website with EFF's Certbot
- [ December 15, 2016 ] How to install php5.6 on Ubuntu 16.04