The purpose of this document is guide you to setup a static IP address on Ubuntu 14.04.
However, this change will result in NetworkManager is not working properly, even related VPN connection.
If only to modify the nameserver, please refer to Howto setup nameserver on Ubuntu 14.04 by resolvconf.
Open the interfaces file
$sudo vim /etc/network/interfaces
If you are using DHCP for your network catd which is eth0(example), you will get the following:
iface eth0 inet dhcp
Remove the DHCP setup, and add the following for static IP:
iface eth0 inet static
dns-nameservers 184.108.40.206 220.127.116.11
Restart the neworking service using the following command
$sudo /etc/init.d/networking restart
- [ January 30, 2018 ] How to install and config Termux on Android 5.x or later
- [ January 30, 2018 ] Automatically enable HTTPS on your website with EFF's Certbot
- [ January 29, 2018 ] Wireless network management in Raspberry Pi
- [ January 28, 2018 ] Install pycharm by Ubuntu make
- [ December 22, 2016 ] Deploying Django Apps with mod_wsgi on Ubuntu 16.04
- [ December 19, 2016 ] Top Things to do after Ubuntu 16.04 Installation
- [ December 19, 2016 ] Setting up Vim for Python
- [ December 19, 2016 ] PHP5.2 Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION
- [ December 19, 2016 ] Automatically enable HTTPS on your website with EFF's Certbot
- [ December 15, 2016 ] How to install php5.6 on Ubuntu 16.04